July 16-17 Bus Coalition Reauthorization Kickoff
Join the Congressional Bus Caucus and The Bus Coalition for our:
“Not Your Parents’ Bus” Kickoff Event
On July 16 and 17, in coordination with the Bipartisan Congressional Bus Caucus, the Bus Coalition is hosting an event in DC and on Capitol Hill to highlight innovations in bus transit and kick off our work on reauthorization of the FAST ACT!
Please join us in Washington DC for two days of meetings and briefings to advocate for increased federal bus transit funding:
- July 16 – Tuesday Evening Briefing: (6:00 PM – 7:30 PM) The Bus Coalition membership and board will gather for an update on The Bus Coalition’s 2019 federal funding requests, including reauthorization.
- July 17 – Wednesday Morning On the Hill: (9:00 AM – 2:00 PM) Coalition memberswill set up their own meetings with their congressional delegation to advocate for TBC spending priorities and invite Members to attend the House Caucus event. TBC will provide briefing papers and talking points.
- July 17 – Wednesday Afternoon at the Capitol:(2:00 PM – 5:00 PM) Following Hill meetings, TBC and the Bipartisan Congressional Bus Caucus will host a public event at the US Capitol Building to highlight the innovations in bus technology and demonstrate this isNot Your Parents’ Busanymore.
To Join the Kickoff,Simply Follow These Two Steps:
1. RSVP Online by June 26. Participation in the full 2-day events is just $150.00 to help defray costs for Tuesday’s meetings. Full event registrationis availableHERE.
Or, for those joining only the free Wednesday afternoon Congressional Caucus event,please registerHERE.
2. Book Your Hotel :TBC has established a limited number of rooms at a group rate of $239.00 Click here to reserve your roomThese limited rooms block must be reserved by June 26th.
The hotel is:
Marriott Marquis Washington, DC
901 Massachusetts Ave, NW